Sunday, 10 March 2013

Mothering, Mum's right foot & Me.

Snapshot 18

Well it's that special time of year again where we thank all the amazing women around the world for doing the most important job... Being a mother. 


Since my mumsy has only recently begun the healing process from her foot surgery, it's been nice to look after her for the past couple of weeks and with today being mothers day it was no exception. Being able to look after her and give her loads of treats today has been lovely, and she truly deserves it. I've been serving all her meals in bed, got a bouquet of flowers delivered to the house and since she handcrafts cards for everyone around her, I thought she deserved to have one made just for her! Not to mention whipping up a simple childhood favourite Angel Delight, what's not to like about that? 


I truly adore my mumsy, I mean it hasn't exactly been the perfect day for her... I think as a family we're beginning to realise the healing process for mum's foot is going to take a lot longer than expected. But hey, everybody heals differently! But I know it must be frustrating for mum. 

Myself & my beautiful Mumsy 
Now here comes the mushy stuff...

I adore my mumsy & couldn't be more grateful to have her in my life. She's supported me through so much, just in the last year alone. I tend to call her the 'voice of reason' because she's that little voice in my head that's always telling me to 'keep going', 'get back up & try again' and 'never take no for answer'. I just hope with caring for my mum these past couple of weeks I've been able to show her just how much she means to me, it's nice to be able to repay her a little for everything she's done for me.

Love your mum, treat her like a Queen & please never take her for granted. It's the only job where the hours are 24/7 and you don't get paid for doing it :-).


Peace & Love.
Ginny x 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful post. You are beautiful inside and out Heather and I feel lucky to have such a wonderful, thoughtful and very talented daughter as you. I love you loads. Mumsy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, you are so right...treasure your mom since you will only have one of them in your entire life. Enjoy your time with her. Hugs, Gail (your mom and I were teammates on the Sweet Stampin' blog)

    ReplyDelete