Wednesday, 2 May 2012

"At the shrine of friendship never say die, let the wine of friendship never run dry" - Les Misérables


Snapshot 12.

Where does the time go? Seriously.

I’m super excited! I’ve been given something to look forward too! I received the best news the other day, that I’m invited to one of my best friend’s wedding in July!! Excited doesn’t even cover it!! Out of my entire university class, a few others and I got invited to go; I have never felt so privileged.

Although, this does mean I have to get a new outfit, as I certainly wasn’t planning on going to a wedding this year! But I do get to go back to my beloved Wales and see some of my wonderful friends that I have seen since I graduated in 2010!

Talking about friends I haven’t seen in a while… I had the best time last month when I was lucky enough to see two of my greatest friends, at the same time I was visiting my boyfriend. We met, shopped, got drunk and ate greasy food. Ah, it was exactly like old times. Well isn’t that what university was all about, apart from the studying? Yes! Yes, it was! I can honestly say I needed that.

It reminded of being at home and trying so desperately to get a job that I was forcing myself to grow up, be responsible and have no fun. Although no one at home expected that of me, in the slightest. I was still expecting that of myself. I’m like that… But being in that company I felt like a teenager again I didn’t have a care in the world. Yes things had changed, but we hadn’t.

Friends are so important to me; it does worry me sometimes to lose contact with them for just a month or so, as one month can turn into six and so on. You’ve just got to hope that others are willing to keep in touch as much as you are. It is difficult; I’m not going to lie! I find it much easier to stay in contact with my wonderful friend in America, than I do with a friend who maybe only lives in the Midlands! Crazy, eh?

Do people still write letters anymore? I still get excited when I see some cute stationary in WHSmith! I’m easily pleased, I know! I must admit getting a handwritten letter through the door addressed to you is still one of the greatest feelings in the world. That someone took the time to sit down and write you something. It’s a huge novelty these days.

Why not get in touch with some old friends & make someone smile this Mayday bank holiday!









To inspire you, here are some photos of
my wonderful friends & I!














Peace & Love.
Ginny x

1 comment:

  1. I hardly ever go to weddings but I feel like everyone else is always at a wedding! I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete